Monday 16 May 2011

Nabru Sofa Review





Nabru Review    Nabru Sofa Assembly    Nabru Photos


Looking to buy Nabru Sofa? Here is an unbiased reivew on nabru sofa.
I live in a third floor flat with narrow corridor where a large sofa can not be brought in as a single piece.  My search for  DIY sofa  brought up Nabru website and I found their self assembly sofa quite interesting.

The gallery on their website showed a wonderful collection of nabru sofas and the price was so cheap! 

Sofa Fabric Samples
Their cheap price on sofas made me sceptical about the quality and I decided to have a visit to their showroom which is  in Uxbridge. I was quite impressed to see the quality and the variety of combinations of their modular sofa. They offer sample fabric pieces for you to take home and decide later. I believe their showroom has atleast one sofa on display for every cloth/leather they offer.


Sofa Seat MDF board
I entered their showroom from the rear where they had a huge stock of sponges for the seats and I had the chance to actually feel it. They were of great quality and had good thickness. Another important thing I want to mention is that the wooden part in the Nabru sofa is actually MDF.  They are very strong and unlike wood it does not contain knots or rings

Coming home I designed my three Seat sofa with Wide Arm. Nabru Sofa Website has a 3D designer tool to design the sofa, giving us the choice to decide how the sofa should look like. Here we could choose from a variety of options including the size,  shape of the sofa,  Sofa Arm Width, Seat Width, clothes, chaise seat, softer seat and loads more. I designed my three seater nabru sofa and bought 4 cushions. The check out was amazingly easy and transparent. Full information on delivery was also given and I was speak to the  courier team to find out exactly what time they would deliver my sofa.

How Nabru Sofa Delivered?
Waterproofed Sofa Pack
The sofa comes in a flat pack, with seats, cushions and covers  in plastic bag and all water proofed. It was quite easy to take each item into my flat.  I would strongly recommend this self assembly sofas if you are looking for loft sofas or studio sofa. The heaviest bit in it was the Sofa Arm. But I found a good reason for that. Inside, it has an MDF piece support, making it really strong.
Additional Support inside the Sofa Arm



Nabru Sofa Assembly

Once all the bits insde in my flat, I was excited to start assembling. It was quite easy to distinguish all the parts (There weren't many ... no screws...or bolts). The instructions are very clear and easy to follow except putting the MDF board in to the seat cushion as the sponge in the seat cover was very tight. The instruction manual provided hints on how to do this easily. I think for an extra money Nabru offers assembly service.

Here is how I did the assembling.

  • Put the back board into the back cushion

Inserting back board into the cushion
Back board inserted into cushion

  •  Insert the seat board into the seat cushion.


Insert seat board into the cushion.
Seat board inside the cushion.

  • Tie the seat cover straps

Tie the straps

  •  Assemble the frames. For this I laid them on the floor for easy assembling.


Kept the back and front fascia boards parallel with connecting boards arocss them

Join the fascia and fascia connecting boards

This is how frames  they look when they are assembled


All frames assembled.

  •  Join the sofa connectors. 
Sofa frame connectors
Sofa frame with connectors on it.

  •  Stick the fascia sponges to the double sided sticky tapes on the fascias.


Stick the front foam using the two sided tape on the front panel

  • Put the fascia covers.





  •  Put the sofa arm covers

Nabru sofa arm with cover on it.



  • Connect the sofa arms to the frame. You need to actually lift the arms to insert into the slots.
Nabru Sofa arm connected to the frame.


  •  Put the back supports in to their slots.

Insert back support in their slots.
All back supports set.



  • Put the seats on to the frame. Make sure the slots on the seat boards overlaps their corresponding locks on the frame.




Visit Nabru sofa website 





I store car jack, axle stands and loads more
Nabru sofa offers storage box which I didn't find of much use. Instead I use the empty space under the seats to store my car and diy tools. It's actually placing the items on floor directly but concealed by the sofa. You wouldn't believe, it has a plenty of space inside. Of course, once you start using that hidden space, it would be difficult to move the sofa.




Close-up of the right arm with wooden leg. (it is not exactly a wooden piece but  sort of fablon glued on it. But does the job)


Nabru sofa assembled.

Nabru sofa back support.


Nabru sofa cushion.
Good thickness (8 inches) for the seats.

I opted for piping. I feel it adds more to the sofa.
These are the assembly manual pages. They are quite obvious to understand. There is no screws, bolts or anything that would confuse. I found the assembling quite easy. Nabru sofas offer assembly service for £40.








Here are some of the videos I found on assembling Nabru Sofas



There is another which I could not embed here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h5Li4HFa8c


Finally, I am happy with the purchase. Genuinely, I find it great for such a cheap price. I would definitely recomment it to my friends. I shall update this review after six months to let you all know how my nabru sofa is performing.

Are you looking for wholesalers? Find the best wholesale directory

34 comments:

  1. I ordered the sofa two days before and was delivered yesterday. We ordered a three seater corner leather sofa. We also opted for assembly as I am not a DIYst. The sofa was assembled in just half an hour and all the packagings were cleared. He said that the seat would be harder initially and will get softer in couple of days.
    The whole process was easy and I find the sofa a great value for money.
    I am delighted with the sofa and would recommend to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are considering buying a Nabru two seater sofa bed and was wondering if anyone can tell us if the sofabed is comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nabru suck completely. My order arrived with missing and broken parts. Oh yeah no instructions either which is how I found this blog in the first place looking for some help. They have now spent the last two weeks lying through their teeth about sending the replacement parts. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is unfortunate that you got a bitter experience with nabru sofa. I had a smooth transaction with nabru. Everything went well. I would recommend nabru sofa to any one. I wouldn't say it is the best, but it is a great value for money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent information. Very helpful. I shall be ordering a sofa from them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. am buying one tomorrow, how is the sofa after 6 months of use or so?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm... not too bad. One of the main problem I found is that the seat cover doesn't keep its position. It's a kind of rotating and the beading along the edges move slightly towards the sides after many sits. So every week I reposition the cover and the sofa looks great. I am still happy with the quality and comfort. I still recommend if you are looking for a cheap yet great value for money.

      Delete
    2. hiya! i may have missed it in your helpful write-up, but what fabric did you choose? i like the look of it! are you pleased with how it seems to hold up?

      Delete
    3. That one is 'Holland Barley'. You could enlarge the fabric samples photo above and clearly see it. To me, all those fabric feel little bit rough. I feel they are hard-wearing. I choose it just because of the colour. Not too dark to turn grey as it get older and not too light to show off any stains.

      Delete
  7. This nabru sofa reiview is very good. Very informative photos. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does anyone tell how easy is it to assemble nabru sofa. I am not a diy'st. Seeing the photos I find there is not need of tools. Does anyone suggest me to save money by assembling myself?
    Thanks in advance.
    rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't have such a great experience with my Nabru sofa.
    The guy who delivered it was seriously grumpy because he couldn't get the whole pallet in the front door that leads to my flat and told me he couldn't drag all the parts because of health and safety, so he made me do it!
    When I eventually dragged all the stuff to my flat I started putting it together but found the instructions so hard to understand. The pictures didn't make a lot of sense and I am convinced that they didn't send one of the correct seat parts, it's never sat straight and there's no way to get it straight, I think they have not cut out a hole.
    The covers were an absolute nightmare to get on. One of them just didn't fit and there was nothing we could do except cut the fabric up the side a bit to get the seat in.
    2 years on the sofa looks terrible! The cheap wood panels on the feet keep falling off, the seat covers are always moving leaving it looking wonky, one of the seats sits higher than everything else and it's just generally a horrible looking sofa. I hate it!
    Also, if you are going to get this then do not get the under seat 'storage', ot's not storage! It's just a piece of wood you put under it so that the stuff you 'store' doesn't sit on the floor! Means you can't move your sofa cos those stupid bits get stuck.
    I really wouldn't recommend. I am looking at getting a new one now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your nightmere experience, no one writes here, how much does it cost, if it is real cheap then i dont blame the nabru, they have to calculate also, i was planing to buy one but now i have cancelled my thinkings.

      Delete
    2. Terrible experience. Customer service and deliveries changes of date was a night mare. Endless days off to wait in for a delivery then the deliveries kept getting cancelled literally the day before. This happened on 3 occasions. Emails are generic just with a few word changes.

      I was hesitant to buy in the first place but made a purchase. I do wish i had checked their review else where and not just the good ones because there were so many bad ones with pics and thier experiences. Phone calls were just put through to anither department and then people hung up or said they would call you back that didnt happen.

      I ended up cancelling. Such an unorganised company. Shocking.

      Delete
  11. My large size 3 seater sofa costed £375.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Appalling service. I was told the driver would phone me an hour before he arrived. He failed to do so.
    The sofa was clearly badly damaged so I refused delivery. I have been told that their policy is that I have to wait up to 28 days for a refund. The best that they can do is wait for the sofa to be returned to their warehouse, unpack and inspect it (clearly they can't trust the driver).
    They will then complete the paperwork and send it to the Accounts Department. it will then wait till the following Wednesday when, if the relevant person is not on holiday, they will process the refund.
    So, I have no sofa and no money for about another month. I can then take another day off work to wait for a delivery which will, of course, be from another company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, after several hours of argueing blogging, tweeting etc, they have finally offered to let me give up my Saturday so they can deliver again and refund my £20 delivery charge. WOW, what an inadequate gesture for having to give up another day.

      Delete
  13. I've just moved into my first apartment a week ago now and I went to Nabru on a whim to buy a sofa bed (on a tight budget and I wanted both a sofa and a bed! lol). I was surprised at how quick and simple it was to build the sofa bed - I thought it would be a lengthy job but I was proven wrong. I would definitely recommend their sofa beds; they are of very good quality too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wonder how many of these positive reviews are actually written by real customers..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Actual customer..was a little sceptical looking at the web site..so went tovthe showroom when We were in London. Christine was helpful and We opted for a four and extra large seat. When We got home found the wide arms would not fit in the space so called nabru to change the arms. No problem to change the sofa. Delivery was when We asked and driver called 1 hr before. Assembled both in less than 1 hour and satisfied with the product. Could not get a four seater in the room and this us a great option. A satisfied customer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the only site I have found with negatives of Nabru. I'm eagerly awaiting my first Nabru sofa delivery. I will be using the instructions on this site to help with assembly and shall report back when it's up and has had a few weeks usage! Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've a three seater I got second hand via ebay. When I had worked out the parts it was easy to put together. Beware, if you put the arms onto the wrong end of the front or back supports they can be very difficult to remove! An advantage of buying second hand is that a lot of the construction will have been already done; the fixing of the cushions to the boards which of course made assembling much quicker. I am very happy so far with its strength looks and comfort but cannot comment on the company's customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can anyone say how padded and comfortable the sofa arms are?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. If you are looking for cheap leather sofas online uk Leather Sofa Land is the best Place to by this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi i am considering buying a corner sofa bed, can anyone tell me how comfortable the beds are? Is it worth getting?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Get the best deals in Vintage leather footstool Vintage leather footstool & Italia Leather footstools from Lusso Sofas.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your article is very informative. Thanks for sharing such wonderful info with us. I hope you’ll share much more interesting articles like this. Please keep sharing!
    Corner sofa in UK

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great Job! very informative article. Please Visit Now: leather corner sofa

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for this blog. It really provides awesome information to all readers. keep it up and keep posting these types of blogs on digital marketing services, it's really helpful.
    tax return service in barking

    ReplyDelete
  26. Can anyone answer what seating type this is ? Is it standard or soft seating ? Is it worth getting soft seating if anyone has it ?

    ReplyDelete

Buy Diamond Rings
Buy Flowers